Easter is coming on April 4th and I thought these adorable (and DELICIOUS!) Easter Egg Hot Cocoa Bombs were a perfect addition to this beautiful day! Kids absolutely love hot cocoa bombs and since they are shaped like an Easter egg, they might just love them even more! I know my kids do and so do I!
The Easter Egg Hot Cocoa Bombs are pretty easy to make and are such a sweet and yummy treat for everyone. I have made a few hot cocoa bombs before (Check out my hot chocolate Fireball bombs which are a little ‘boozy‘ for adults and my Valentine’s Day Hot Chocolate Bombs!), and they are always such a hit with my family. Since it is so cold outside you can’t go wrong with a fun, hot drink!
Easter Egg Hot Cocoa Bombs
Below, you will find the easy recipe to make these delicious Easter Egg Hot Cocoa Bombs!
- 6 tbsp hot cocoa mix powder
- 8 oz pink vanilla flavored candy melts
- 1-2 oz white vanilla flavored candy melts
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Easter egg sprinkles
- Egg-shaped mold
- Large plate
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Spoon or pastry brush
- Pastry bag or ziplock bag
- Small microwave-safe bowls for melting candy
1. Place a large plate into the freezer.
2. Pour pink candy melts into a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30-second increments, stirring well between each heat session, until fully melted.
3. Using a pastry brush or spoon, coat each mold cavity with melted pink candy.
4. Freeze for 5 minutes.
5. Repeat step 3.
6. Pour the rest of the melted candy into a pastry bag or ziplock bag.
7. Remove candy-coated egg mold from the freezer. Fill each egg with 1 tablespoon cocoa and a few marshmallows, making sure not to fill past the top of the mold.
8. Reheat pink candy in the bag, if needed.
9. Snip the end off the bag and cover the cocoa/marshmallows with melted candy until you’ve reached the top of the mold.
10. Freeze for 5 minutes to set.
11. Remove egg mold and chilled plate from the freezer.
12. Unmold candy-coated eggs and place on a chilled plate.
13. Place white candy melt into a pastry or ziplock bag and heat for 30 seconds. Massage bag to help melt the candy. Heat for an additional 30 seconds if needed.
14. Snip the very corner of the bag off, and drizzle white candy over the top of each egg in a back and forth motion.
15. Add sprinkles on top of drizzled white candy.
16. To use, place cocoa bomb into a mug and pour 6 ounces of hot milk over it, Stir and enjoy!
She how pretty they turn out? I love how pretty they are! But, they are also super delicious too! So, they will go rather fast. Be sure to make a bunch of them so you won’t run out!
Let me know if you decide to make these Easter Egg Hot Cocoa Bombs! I would love to know how they turned out for you and your family and friends!